Disability Service Provider, Center for Students with Disabilities, University of Connecticut
UConn’s Center for Students with Disabilities is currently searching for qualified candidates for the position of Disability Service Provider. A description of the position and application details can be found on the UConn Careers website.
You can view and apply for this job here.
Assistant Director, Disability Support Services, Emmanuel College
Emmanuel College is a coed 17-acre residential college of liberal arts and sciences right in the city of Boston. In the Catholic academic tradition, we challenge our students and faculty to be driven in their pursuit of learning and teaching. We mine the rich resources of science and healthcare around us, and build gateways to that world on campus. Emmanuel enriches lives through powerful real world experiences, from service learning to internships. We believe education empowers people. It transforms their lives. And it opens doors.
Disability Support Services at Emmanuel College works with the campus community to provide students with resources and direct services to help ensure an inclusive learning environment. Reporting to the Director of the Academic Resource Center, the primary responsibilities of the Assistant Director, Disability Support Services, include:
- meeting with individual students to assess need, identify services, and develop accommodation plans
- interpreting documentation for the purpose of determining accommodations, and communicating with students and appropriate individuals about needs, forms, and the status of requests
- facilitating the implementation of appropriate and reasonable accommodations in a timely manner in consultation with students, faculty, and staff
- maintaining appropriate records by documenting communication regarding students, accommodation recommendations, evaluations, and other necessary information.
- providing disability-related consultation, information, resources and referral to students and the college community
- providing verification of appropriate accommodation to the student’s instructor, and working together with the student and faculty member to monitor accommodations and academic progress
- coordinating all services, including administering distraction-reduced exams and securing note-takers, readers, scribes, CART reporters, sign interpreters, etc.
- guiding students and faculty with computer applications and assistive technology implementation
- staying abreast of national, state, and local disability-related issues
- collaborating with the Academic Resource Center and other departments in provision of disability support services.
This 40-week full-time position requires flexibility with scheduling, with some evening and weekend hours. This position requires a strong understanding of accommodation practices and laws for higher education, sensitivity to the needs of students with disabilities, and excellent collaborative and communication skills. Master’s degree preferred in education, psychology, or related field, along with 3+ years of experience/education in college disability support services. Candidate must demonstrate a high level of sensitivity to the needs and concerns of students with disabilities to help ensure that they receive fair and respectful treatment in both academic and non-academic areas. Competitive pay and excellent benefits. Until this position is posted at emmanuel.interviewexchange.com, please send resume, cover letter, and three references to Wendy LaBron, Director of the Academic Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Accessibility Resources and Services, Hampshire College
Hampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution and member of the Five College consortium, is accepting applications for a director of accessibility resources and services for the Center for Academic Support and Advising (CASA).
The director of accessibility resources and services is responsible for arranging services and providing accommodations to eligible students with learning, psychological and physical disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended in 2008, and all other related rules, regulations and guidelines. The director provides, or trains others to provide, instruction and support to students needing help with organization, time management, study skills regardless of disabilities status. The director also serves as the 504 coordinator for Hampshire, and as such is responsible for coordinating the College’s compliance efforts with federal and state regulations pertaining to disabilities with all other departments. In addition, the 504 coordinator administers the College’s 504 grievance procedures in conjunction with the chief diversity officer and/or human resources.
A master’s degree with expertise in learning disabiilities, special education, rehabilitation counseling or related field and a minimum of three years experience in higher education disabilities services or equivalent is required. Thorough knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and related statutes and amendments is essential. Successful candidate must have the ability to screen for and evaluate for LD and ADHD utilizing formal diagnostic tools, as our current resources permit, and refer students to external diagnostic services if warranted. Ability to assess and interpret diagnostic tests from a variety of professional backgrounds to identify eligible students, as well as counsel and teach skills to assist LD/ADHD/TBI students to develop personal understanding about disability related skills. Applicants must possess strong interpersonal skills to interact sensitively with students, families, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. A working knowledge of adaptive computer technology and excellent oral and written skills are also required.
This is a full-time, benefited position. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits program. Please submit your cover letter, resume and names/phone numbers of three professional references via our website at http://jobs.hampshire.edu/
Hampshire College is an equal opportunity institution, committed to diversity in education and employment.
For job seekers, other resources include:
– Indeed.com – Disability Support Positions
– Indeed.com – Disability Coordinator Positions
To post an announcement, email email@example.com.