- Research, order and track course materials that require conversion to accessible formats. Accessible formats include digital formatting that is compatible with screen readers and digital Braille technology; text description or tactile representation of graphics such as pictures, diagrams, or graphs; large print, hard copy Braille, etc., based on the needs of the individual student.
- Collaborate with faculty and Registrar in the provision of classroom and exam accommodations, including exam laptops, class notetakers, smartpens. Independently communicate with faculty and students regarding exam instructions and exam security. Independently communicate with faculty and students regarding exam instructions and exam security. At the intersection of faculty and student, explain and protect approved accommodations. Recruit, hire, and supervise corps of student notetakers, making new notetaker assignments at the start of each semester. Oversee reservations, sign-out/return of exam laptops, and forwarding of exam documents to the instructor for each exam. Maintain fleet of machines.
- Meet individually with students to provide training in effective selection and use of both mainstream and assistive technologies such as Kurzweil, LiveScribe, Adobe Digital Editions, Mac Accessibility Suite, and Dragon. De-bug difficulties with mainstream and assistive technologies or access to delivered content.
Master’s degree in higher education and disabilities (or closely related degree).
Technology proficiency and demonstrated competence in locating/learning new technologies, programs, or applications.
Knowledge/expertise in assistive technology and in accessing and creating alt-format materials.
Two-three years experience in higher education or disabilities. One-two years experience hiring, training, and supervising student workers.
Ability to work well with others to problem-solve, create new efficiencies in protocols/solutions/policies, and reinforce the empowerment of our students.
Proven ability to work flexibly and effectively with diverse student population.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume as a single document at http://www.brandeis.edu/humanresources/jobs/external.html.
Elect option for “External Applicant”. Sort the job listing by clicking the Job ID column heading. Locate the desired job listing. Click the job title and then Apply Now.
Assistant Director, Disability Support Services, Virginia Commonwealth University
The Office of Disability Support Services is currently searching for an Assistant Director, to aid the Director in providing leadership and oversight within the office. The primary focus of this position will be overseeing the determination and provision of academic accommodations and establishing innovative initiatives to provide learning supports for students registered with the office.
For the complete job description, please visit: https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/64658
Learning Instructor for Students with Disabilities, University of Pennsylvania
The Learning Instructor for Students with Disabilities is the individual responsible for providing comprehensive academic support for students who identify with disabilities, including learning disabilities and ADHD. This position is responsible for providing individual and group instruction emphasizing self-advocacy and the development of strategies in academic reading, writing, studying and time management. This staff member also works closely with the Director of the Office of Learning Resources in the provision of academic support for additional students who present with complex learning and study needs. While this position is within the Office of Learning Resources, the Learning Instructor for Students with Disabilities works collaboratively with the Office of Student Disabilities Services to determine comprehensive academic plans for students with disabilities to complement accommodations, academic adjustments, and the use of auxiliary aids. This individual is aware of emerging technologies and appropriately incorporates them into the overall plan for academic support. This position also supports and works collaboratively with faculty and staff members across campus to assure that students with disabilities have the opportunity for academic success and a positive university experience.
For the complete job description, please visit:
For job seekers, other resources include:
– Indeed.com – Disability Support Positions
– Indeed.com – Disability Coordinator Positions
To post an announcement, email firstname.lastname@example.org.